Course of studies Magister Theology (Mag. theol.)
The following translation of the regulations for the Course of studies Magister Theology (Mag. theol.) is just an aid for understanding. Only the german text is legally binding.
The modularized 10-semester Magister of Theology is a full theological course of study. This track leads to the academic degree "Magister/Magistra Theologiae (Mag. theol.)". It is intended to train students to become cooperative and socially sensitive professionals who will apply their acquired skills in various ecclesiastical and non-ecclesiastical professions. This goal presupposes the communication of solid philosophical and theological knowledge with interdisciplinary foundations and the active participation of students in study and research.
The Magister's program follows the principle of constructive learning. Various forms of teaching (lectures, seminars, colloquia, academic exercises) enable students to grow into the study of theology and acquire their own philosophical and theological skills.
(1) The first stage of study (years 1-3) consists of an introduction and a solid philosophical-theological foundation. The introduction (year 1) in modules 1 - 5 is intended to open up the Christian faith on a fundamental level of reflection and to provide a basis for argumentation. The philosophical-theological foundation (years 1-2) in modules 6 - 15 should lead to a responsible, factual and topic-related statement on theological, ecclesiastical and social questions in the context of the Christian faith and its sources.
(2) The second stage of study (years 4-5) offers an in-depth study program. Modules 16 – 24 are arranged according to disciplines through which students are led to examine factual issues and controversial debates in theological and philosophical disciplines based on well-founded arguments in order to develop independent approaches to solutions.
Further information and registration:
- Study and examination regulations
- Appendix: Learning objectives, study and examination contents (only in german)
- Module Manual
- Module descriptions (M 0 to M 24) from 01.10.2017 (updated: 14.10.2019)
- short list of module components from 01.10.2017 (updated: 14.10.2019)
- Guidelines on the recognition of traineeships for M 23 (only in german)
- Credit points study programs (only in german)
- Guidelines on the recognition of study and examination achievements (only in german)
- Conditions of enrollment
- Enrollment application for regular students
- Other necessary documents (only in german)
- Student advisory service